all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Make highlight-symbol.el perfect?
@ 2013-04-11 14:25 Steven Degutis
From: Steven Degutis @ 2013-04-11 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

It's a great package, but it does something silly: it changes the actual
face on matched regions of the buffer. It should just add overlays. The
code should get simpler, including removing the overlays when you
un-highlight matches, because that's just `(mapcat #'delete-overlay
existing-overlays)`.

Does anyone want to take the challenge and make this package perfect? I'm
willing to volunteer my time to do it, except I have absolutely no idea
what I'm doing, I don't know elisp, I'm a terrible programmer, and I'm
almost guaranteed to just make things worse instead of better.

-Steven