all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Changing side margins in specific mode changes side margins for all buffers
@ 2015-06-15 22:29 hack writer
       [not found] ` <mailman.5129.1434491234.904.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: hack writer @ 2015-06-15 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi everyone,

I use

(add-hook 'window-configuration-change-hook (lambda () (set-window-margins
(car (get-buffer-window-list (current-buffer) nil t)) 29 29)))

to set side margins in a specific emacs mode. But when I open further
buffers, no matter what mode, all buffers use the same side margins. How I
can achieve, that only my specific mode buffers use side margins but all
other buffers not?

(add-hook 'window-configuration-change-hook (lambda () (set-window-margins
(car (get-buffer-window-list (current-buffer) nil t)) 29 29))
'make-it-local)

didn't work.

Regards

hack