all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Ada mode auto-casing changed behaviour after 24.4
@ 2014-11-13 10:16 Alberto
From: Alberto @ 2014-11-13 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I noticed a change is behaviour for Ada mode auto-casing.

Until 24.3, auto-casing enabled with capitalize-word would have changed:
    counter_array
    Counter_Array

Now, it changes it to:
    Counter_array -- note the A after _ is not capitalised any more.

It may seem a small thing, but it breaks my coding standards and looks odd
on existing code.

Has anybody experienced the same?
Any idea on how to restore the old behaviour?

Many thanks,
Alberto

* Re: Ada mode auto-casing changed behaviour after 24.4
@ 2014-11-13 15:49 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-11-13 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> It may seem a small thing, but it breaks my coding standards and looks odd
> on existing code.

I don't know of such a change in 24.4, so please find a reproducible
test case starting from "emacs -Q" and make it a big report.

* Re: Ada mode auto-casing changed behaviour after 24.4
       [not found] <mailman.13536.1415880537.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-11-14  6:44 ` Buddy Rowe
From: Buddy Rowe @ 2014-11-14  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2014-11-13, Alberto <alberto.ing@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed a change is behaviour for Ada mode auto-casing.

Ask on comp.lang.ada

* Re: Ada mode auto-casing changed behaviour after 24.4
@ 2014-11-14  9:44   ` Alberto
From: Alberto @ 2014-11-14  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu Nov 13 2014 at 4:53:49 PM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
wrote:

> > It may seem a small thing, but it breaks my coding standards and looks
> odd
> > on existing code.
>
> I don't know of such a change in 24.4, so please find a reproducible
> test case starting from "emacs -Q" and make it a big report.
>
> I'm preparing the report now.
It can be reproduced with "emacs -Q", interestingly the behaviour for
"ada-loose-case-word" is still correct. Only "ada-capitalize-word" is
broken.