all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* cua-mode do not work under console mode
@ 2014-11-26 11:20 Nancy
From: Nancy @ 2014-11-26 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear list,

How can I make my cua-mode configuration in .emacs work on emacs -nw
mode exactally same as emacs-x?

I have tried http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CuaModeTerminalProblems,
but that doesn't work for me.

Thank you very much for your attention!

--
Best Regards,
Yu Rong Tan

* Re: cua-mode do not work under console mode
@ 2014-11-26 13:42 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-11-26 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> How can I make my cua-mode configuration in .emacs work on emacs -nw
> mode exactally same as emacs-x?

It would help if you could tell us which part isn't exactly the same.

* Re: cua-mode do not work under console mode
@ 2014-11-27  9:59   ` Nancy
From: Nancy @ 2014-11-27  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> It would help if you could tell us which part isn't exactly the same.

 yurong@pluto:~> loadkeys -q .keymap
.keymap:1: syntax error
syntax error in map file
key bindings not changed
yurong@pluto:~> uname -a
Linux pluto 2.6.16.60-0.21-smp #1 SMP Tue May 6 12:41:02 UTC 2008
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
yurong@pluto:~> cat /etc/issue
Welcome to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 (x86_64) - Kernel \r (\l).

And I wonder how the author know the value of each key?

--
Best Regards,
Yu Rong Tan

[-- Attachment #2: .keymap --]

keycode 103 = Up
Shift keycode 103 = F49
keycode 108 = Down
Shift keycode 108 = F50
keycode 106 = Right
Shift keycode 106 = F51
Control keycode 106 = F53
Control Shift keycode 106 = F55
keycode 105 = Left
Shift keycode 105 = F52
Control keycode 105 = F54
Control Shift keycode 105 = F56
keycode 102 = Find
Shift keycode 102 = F57
Control keycode 102 = F59
Control Shift keycode 102 = F61
keycode 107 = Select
Shift keycode 107 = F58
Control keycode 107 = F60
Control Shift keycode 107 = F62
string F49 = "\033O2A"
string F50 = "\033O2B"
string F51 = "\033O2C"
string F52 = "\033O2D"
string F53 = "\033O5C"
string F54 = "\033O5D"
string F55 = "\033O6C"
string F56 = "\033O6D"
string F57 = "\033O2H"
string F58 = "\033O2F"
string F59 = "\033O5H"
string F60 = "\033O5F"
string F61 = "\033O6H"
string F62 = "\033O6F"

* Re: cua-mode do not work under console mode
@ 2014-11-28  1:52     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-11-28  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

>> It would help if you could tell us which part isn't exactly the same.
>  yurong@pluto:~> loadkeys -q .keymap
[...]

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with Emacs.  Better ask on some
Linux newsgroup, maybe?