all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: How get pixel position via point?
@ 2003-11-19 16:02 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2003-11-19 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

>   In fact, I am trying to make tooltip showing around point,
> instead of mouse. It will be a good news if you can show me a better
> way. ;)

AFAIK, there's no good way to do that.
It should be pretty easy to add a new C function that provides the feature
to elisp, but nobody has written it yet (even though other people have
bumped into the problem for the exact same reason as you).
Posting a feature request to gnu.emacs.bug might help speed things up.

* How get pixel position via point?
@ 2003-11-19 22:38 Robin Hu
From: Robin Hu @ 2003-11-19 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi:

  Are there any possiable ways to get pixel position via point?
I mean the value (point) gives.

--
There is no conflict between causality and randomness or between
determinism and probability if we agree, as we must, that