all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Updating from Emacs 23.3.1 to 25.3
@ 2017-10-10  3:59 Paw Writer
From: Paw Writer @ 2017-10-10  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: EMACS Lists

I am looking for some help with Upgrading Emacs. My current version is

GNU Emacs 23.3.1. EMacs is now up to 25.3 and has a different

directory structure. my .emacs has over 100 lines and doesn't run on

25.3 and I have one of my utilities which has been completely

rewritten on 25.3 and won't run on 23.3.1.

I have tried Googling updating Emacs and have not found any detailed

help on what to do. Could someone give me some help?

I just think I need someone here with me to walk me thru it. I already have
25.3 on my computer, in an Emacs1 directory, but the directory structure is
so different, I have so much in my .emacs, and I need updated versions of
many of the procedures and am not sure where to get them all. I live near
Harrisburg, PA.