all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Hyperbole mouse/key bindings?
@ 2012-05-07 14:33 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2012-05-07 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

It seems hyperbole is pretty much defunct.  I could find no signs of
activity newer than 2001 ... over a decade ago. So I'm not convinced
it's worth the trouble of trying to get hyperbole working with my
current emacs.

However, I'd really like to be able to use some of the key bindings. In
particular, I really got to depend on Shift-drag-mouse-3 within a
window(?) to close that window (and expand the one above it into its
space), and dragging between windows to swap their contents.

Anyone got this working outside of hyperbole? Other useful key/mouse
interactions?

Thank you.

-pd

* Re: Hyperbole mouse/key bindings?
@ 2012-05-09 14:25 ` Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2012-05-09 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 5/7/2012 10:33 AM, Peter Davis wrote:
> It seems hyperbole is pretty much defunct. I could find no signs of
> activity newer than 2001 ... over a decade ago. So I'm not convinced
> it's worth the trouble of trying to get hyperbole working with my
> current emacs.
>
> However, I'd really like to be able to use some of the key bindings. In
> particular, I really got to depend on Shift-drag-mouse-3 within a
> window(?) to close that window (and expand the one above it into its
> space), and dragging between windows to swap their contents.
>
> Anyone got this working outside of hyperbole? Other useful key/mouse
> interactions?

It turns out I was able to get hyperbole loaded without too much
trouble, so the key/mouse bindings are working again!

-pd