all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Emacs Conference?
       [not found] ` <87aa37vbjc.fsf@kuiper.lan.informatimago.com>
@ 2012-04-07 16:03   ` John Doe
From: John Doe @ 2012-04-07 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2012-03-23, Pascal J. Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:
> Aleksandar Simic <asimic@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> if there was a conference dedicated to Emacs, what would you want
>> to see at it to make it worthwhile for you to attend?
>
> While there's no dedicated emacs conference, you could easily give a
> talk about emacs lisp programming at a lisp conference, be it ILC or
> ELS or some other lisp venue.
>

>> Some of the suggestions I already received:
>>
>> - Emacs Lisp primer
>
> Sure.
>
>> - workflow demos
>> - problem solving
>> - practical Emacs Lips
>
> As long as it would involve lisp development or emacs lisp programming.
>

> If you want to talk about how to write the next movie scenario using
> emacs, or how to organize a marketting campain with org-mode, and
> without mentionning any lisp programming, then I guess you'll need an
> emacs specific conference.

Great, I've put up this site in order for people to propose what
they'd like to see/do at the conference:

http://emacsconf.herokuapp.com/

At the time of this writing, the site has had 98 unique visitors and 5
proposals. Please consider adding your interest.

Thanks for the feedback,
Aleksandar

* Re: Emacs Conference?
@ 2012-04-22  6:23     ` David Combs
From: David Combs @ 2012-04-22  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Yes, an emacs conference would be super.  But it will probably never happen.

Maybe several "regional" ones, 2 or 3 days long, and *very* tutorial.

Boston, NYC, Chicago, SF, and LA?

All sessions available on out-of-pocket-cost dvds.  With camerma-man
(one of us) careful to record every slide shown and every chalk-movement
on the blackboard.

Questions encouraged -- likely lots of shy people will have the same
question, but never ask it.  All goes onto the dvd.

Actually, with all this effort going into the dvd, maybe only one
conference, and those not able to come can buy all the dvds.

And who do I want to come?   Naggum.  :-(

And of course all the other gurus, many here in this group.

Everyone advised to bring a laptop.

David

* Re: Emacs Conference?
@ 2012-04-25 14:10       ` Joe Corneli
From: Joe Corneli @ 2012-04-25 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: David Combs; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 8:23 AM, David Combs <dkcombs@panix.com> wrote:
> Yes, an emacs conference would be super.  But it will probably never happen.

It would be more of a "con", and Lisp programmers ... well you know
how they feel about CONS.

But seriously, I'd go.

Maybe co-organize it with

 - http://www.international-lisp-conference.org/2012/index.html