all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Geiser error
@ 2012-04-17 20:37 Aidan Gauland
       [not found] ` <mailman.123.1334714899.751.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Aidan Gauland @ 2012-04-17 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When I M-x run-geiser, I get a couple errors.  This in *geiser messages*:

INFO: RETORT: ((error (key . retort-syntax)) (output .
"scheme@(guile-user)> $1 = done
scheme@(guile-user)> "))

And this in *Messages*:
geiser-guile--geiser-procedure: Invalid function: (eval compile)

I didn't let it bother me until I tried M-TAB completion
(`completion-at-point'), which gives fails with the "Invalid function:
(eval compile)" error.

I haven't done any Scheme coding in a while, so I don't know what might
have changed to cause this problem.  Any suggestions?  I'm stumped.

--Aidan

* Re: Geiser error
@ 2012-04-18  1:25 ` Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
       [not found] ` <mailman.123.1334714899.751.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz @ 2012-04-18  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Aidan,

On Tue, Apr 17 2012, Aidan Gauland wrote:

> When I M-x run-geiser, I get a couple errors.  This in *geiser messages*:
>
> INFO: RETORT: ((error (key . retort-syntax)) (output .
> "scheme@(guile-user)> $1 = done
> scheme@(guile-user)> "))
>
> And this in *Messages*:
> geiser-guile--geiser-procedure: Invalid function: (eval compile)

What versions of Guile and Emacs are you using?

Cheers,
jao
--
You err by thinking simplicity and elegance are mostly
cosmetic.  Simplicity and elegance are overwhelmingly

* Re: Geiser error
       [not found] ` <mailman.123.1334714899.751.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2012-04-18  9:04   ` Aidan Gauland
From: Aidan Gauland @ 2012-04-18  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 18/04/12 13:25, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:
> What versions of Guile and Emacs are you using?

Oops!  I forgot to mention that.  Never mind, though; the problem
mysteriously went away since this morning.

--Aidan