Jérôme M. Berger wrote: > Hi, > > I have an issue with copy/paste. Here are the steps to reproduce: > * Select some text (say "foo") and copy it (M-w); > * Select some other text (say "bar") and paste (C-y): > -> The text "bar" is deleted and the text "foo" is inserted > in its place; > * Select yet some other text (say "zzz") and paste (C-y): > -> Expected behavior: The text "zzz" is deleted and the text > "foo" is inserted in its place; > -> Actual behavior: The text "zzz" is deleted and the text > "bar" is inserted in its place. > > This behavior is with my configuration files. If I start emacs with > -Q, pasting over selected text does not erase the selection but > inserts the pasted text at the cursor position. In that case, > pasting multiple times always pastes "foo". I'm not sure what part > of my configuration changes this behavior (grepping for "yank" and > "kill" yields nothing obvious). > > I've looked through the docs and code for the "yank" and > "kill-ring-save" functions but could not find anything. > > Can somebody give me pointers to what > variables/functions/customizations I should check to get the > behavior I want? > Sorry, forgot a couple of points: - OS: ArchLinux 64 bits; - Emacs version 23.4 (standard Arch package); - The described behavior happens when selecting with the mouse, selecting with the keyboard gives the expected behavior. Jerome -- mailto:jeberger@free.fr http://jeberger.free.fr Jabber: jeberger@jabber.fr