all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* pcvs : extra newlines
@ 2006-05-19 18:36 Sam Steingold
From: Sam Steingold @ 2006-05-19 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Thien-Thi Nguyen

with the recent pcvs changes, *cvs* buffers now have an extra line break
between every two lines.
I suspect that this is caused by these:

2006-05-18  Thien-Thi Nguyen  <ttn@gnu.org>

	* pcvs.el (cvs-make-cvs-buffer): Specify
	extra newline for ewoc's header and footer.
	(cvs-update-header): Update initial header recognition.
	Append newline to final header and footer values.
	* pcvs-info.el (cvs-fileinfo-pp): Insert trailing newline.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) on Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
http://mideasttruth.com http://ffii.org http://iris.org.il http://truepeace.org

* Re: pcvs : extra newlines
@ 2006-05-19 21:55 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2006-05-19 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Sam Steingold <sds@podval.org> writes:

> with the recent pcvs changes, *cvs* buffers now have an extra line break
> between every two lines.

the changes to pcvs.el and pcvs-info.el are concomitant w/ the changes to
ewoc.el.  does (forcefully re-)byte-compiling {ewoc,pcvs*}.el help?

thi

* Re: pcvs : extra newlines
@ 2006-05-22 13:05   ` Sam Steingold
From: Sam Steingold @ 2006-05-22 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> * Thien-Thi Nguyen <gga@tah.bet> [2006-05-19 17:55:44 -0400]:
>
> Sam Steingold <sds@podval.org> writes:
>
>> with the recent pcvs changes, *cvs* buffers now have an extra line break
>> between every two lines.
>
> the changes to pcvs.el and pcvs-info.el are concomitant w/ the changes
> to ewoc.el.  does (forcefully re-)byte-compiling {ewoc,pcvs*}.el help?

I still observed the problem in the cvs head this morning.
However, after (re?)loading ewoc.el into the running emacs, the problem
somewhat appears to have gone away.
go figure...

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) on Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)