tag 34070 patch Drew Adams writes: >> > I'd like to push the fix before that maybe, any objections? >> >> Please wait for Drew to respond, before you do. > > I took a look at the bug description, reproduced it, and took a look > at the proposed patch. It looks OK to me. Thx. I've already pushed the proposed patch to master, but there's a much less intrusive way using a new patch attached after my sig. Significantly, while still honouring the original intention of Drew's change: 65797b1d7 "Make icomplete respect `completion-ignored-extensions'" the new patch does two things: 1. Still fixes the candidate cycling (i.e. this bug) 2. Leaves the current directory as a candidate, i.e. "./" is *not* filtered from the prospects list (but "../" is). Number 2 can be seen as "new" behaviour, but then Drew's patch also silently introduced new behaviour by filtering out "./" and "../", which are *not* in completion-ignored-extensions. Reading bug#12939 (https://debbugs.gnu.org/12939) this seems to have gone unnoticed. If someone thinks this is a problem we can make this configurable (though I think the default should be what I suggest, since it makes C-x C-f'ing directories much easier). Joćo