all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* XSET and XUINT definitions in src/s/*.h
@ 2008-04-01  0:32 Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2008-04-01  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

A few files in src/s/ define XSET and XUINT.  The code seems be the
remains of old boilerplate code...

Should src/s/*.h mess with these macros?

* Re: XSET and XUINT definitions in src/s/*.h
@ 2008-04-01  1:39 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-04-01  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> A few files in src/s/ define XSET and XUINT.  The code seems be the
> remains of old boilerplate code...

> Should src/s/*.h mess with these macros?

Preferably not.  IIRC last time I looked at it, I left them as they are
because I couldn't convince myself that the default ones would
also DTRT.  Basically, we'd need someone who knows thoe platforms and/or
can try them.

* Re: XSET and XUINT definitions in src/s/*.h
@ 2008-04-01  8:38   ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2008-04-01  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Dan Nicolaescu, emacs-devel

>> A few files in src/s/ define XSET and XUINT.  The code seems be the
>> remains of old boilerplate code...
>
>> Should src/s/*.h mess with these macros?

Currently only src/m/*.h do.

> Preferably not.  IIRC last time I looked at it, I left them as they are
> because I couldn't convince myself that the default ones would
> also DTRT.  Basically, we'd need someone who knows thoe platforms and/or
> can try them.

With USE_LSB_TAG the macros are (re-)defined unconditionally anyway.
For the non-USE_LSB_TAG case the machine dependent definitions are
probably still useful.

Andreas.