all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How use "The Case Table"
@ 2011-10-16  2:29 a machine of awareness
From: a machine of awareness @ 2011-10-16  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I read elsp Manual.But at "The Case Table",
I don't understand it.How "The Case Table" use,
and where use it?
Thanks.
--
a machine of awareness
 Debian、Emacs+Gnus

* Re: How use "The Case Table"
       [not found] <mailman.339.1318731444.15868.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2011-10-17  8:27 ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2011-10-17  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

a machine of awareness <machine.of.awareness@gmail.com> wrote:
> I read elsp Manual.But at "The Case Table",
> I don't understand it.How "The Case Table" use,
> and where use it?

It's something Emacs (not you) uses.  For example, M-c `capitalize-word'
uses the case table.  If you need to, you can set up a case table yourself,
usually when you use a language which Emacs doesn't yet handle.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

* Re: How use "The Case Table"
@ 2011-10-18 16:22 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2011-10-18 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 10/15/11 8:29 PM, a machine of awareness wrote:
> I read elsp Manual.But at "The Case Table",
> I don't understand it.How "The Case Table" use,
> and where use it?

M-u (M-x upcase-word)
M-l (M-x downcase-word)
M-c (M-x capitalize-word)