all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Debug technique for comint, need stdin/stdout logger.
@ 2011-09-07 14:32 Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2011-09-07 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When work with Emacs comint I need logger for stdin/stdout process
interaction.

So I change name of calling program in Emacs
and that logger/script call original command and log
stdin and stdout to files.

I try write expect script:

#!/usr/bin/env expect

set in [open in.log w]
set out [open out.log w]

log_user 0

spawn sort
set proc_id $spawn_id

stty -echo

expect {
     -i $user_spawn_id -re . {
         puts -nonewline $in $expect_out(buffer)
         send -i $proc_id $expect_out(buffer)
         exp_continue
     } eof { }
     -i $proc_id -re . {
         puts -nonewline $out $expect_out(buffer)
         send_user $expect_out(buffer)
         exp_continue
     } eof { }
}

expect -i $proc_id -re . {
     puts -nonewline $out $expect_out(buffer)
     send_user $expect_out(buffer)
     exp_continue
} eof { }

close $in
close $out

but this is my first serious Expect script and it works bad:

   $ printf 'b\nquit\na\n' | ./logger.exp; \
     printf '\n===in===\n'; cat in.log; \
     printf '\n===out===\n'; cat out.log
quit
   C-c C-c   # I type C-c

===in===
quit

===out===
quit         # Why not sorted???

Are there any program that do this job or please help fix this script.

* Re: Debug technique for comint, need stdin/stdout logger.
@ 2011-09-21 22:12 ` Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2011-09-21 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

07.09.2011 17:32, Oleksandr Gavenko пишет:
> When work with Emacs comint I need logger for stdin/stdout process
> interaction.
>
> So I change name of calling program in Emacs
> and that logger/script call original command and log
> stdin and stdout to files.
>
> I try write expect script:
I get working one.

It is used to debug interaction with Cygwin Python in 'python-mode'.

Expect come with all Linuxes and available under Cygwin...

#!/usr/bin/env expect

set in [open logger_in.log w]
set out [open logger_out.log w]

set timeout 3600
log_user 0
set stty_init {-echo}
# exp_internal 1

set cli [open logger_cli.log w]
foreach arg "$argv" {
     puts $cli $arg
}
close $cli
eval spawn python2.6.exe $argv
set proc_id $spawn_id

expect {
     -i $user_spawn_id -re (.+)\r?\n {
         puts -nonewline $in $expect_out(buffer)
         send -i $proc_id $expect_out(1,string)\n
         exp_continue
     } eof {
         send -i $proc_id \x04
         sleep 1
         send -i $proc_id \x04
         expect -i $proc_id -re .+ {
             puts -nonewline $out $expect_out(buffer)
             send_user $expect_out(buffer)
             exp_continue
         } eof { }
     } -i $proc_id -re .+ {
         puts -nonewline $out $expect_out(buffer)
         send_user $expect_out(buffer)
         exp_continue
     } eof { }
}