all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* c++-mode and templates
@ 2004-11-12 16:10 Daniel L Elliott
From: Daniel L Elliott @ 2004-11-12 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Has a fix been committed which will allow cc (same as c++?) mode to
recognize template notation and thus allow highlighting of method names,
etc.?

Thank you,

Dan Elliott

* Re: c++-mode and templates
@ 2004-11-13  8:52 ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2004-11-13  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Daniel L Elliott <dan_elliott_at_cox_dot_net@spam_is_pathetic.com> wrote
on Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:10:22 -0600:
> Hello,

> Has a fix been committed which will allow cc (same as c++?) mode ....

C++- Mode is indeed one of the modes in the CC Mode family.

> .... to recognize template notation and thus allow highlighting of
> method names, etc.?

Not yet, no.  Or, at least, not fully.  Handling C++ templates properly
is a difficult problem, since template brackets look a lot like "less
than" and "greater than" signs.  The problem _is_ being worked on down at
CC Mode, but the final implementation is likely to be appearing more in
the medium future (1 or 2 years??) rather than "soon".

I think there have been some marginal improvements in template handling
in the last few releases.  Have you got the latest release, 5.30.9?  If
not, and you want it, it can be downloaded from
<http://cc-mode.sourceforge.net/release.php>

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter