all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#8777: 23.3; cannot send bug reports in latest Window build
@ 2011-05-31 22:24 Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2011-05-31 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 8777

So I'm sending this from a 23.3 release build (emacs -Q).
But here is the report, with the version info from the latest build:

After filling out a bug description and hitting C-c C-c I get this
message:

Is
`dradams@MYMACHINENAME.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me'
really your email address? (yes or no)

Seems this gets broken periodically now...

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-05-31 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/build/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug
-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util time-date mail-extr message format-spec rfc822
mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug dired regexp-opt tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer button
faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process multi-tty emacs)

* bug#8777: 23.3; cannot send bug reports in latest Window build
@ 2011-06-01 19:32 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-06-01 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: 8777

> From: "Drew Adams" <drew.adams@oracle.com>
> Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 15:24:31 -0700
>
> So I'm sending this from a 23.3 release build (emacs -Q).
> But here is the report, with the version info from the latest build:
>
> After filling out a bug description and hitting C-c C-c I get this
> message:
>
> Is
> `dradams@MYMACHINENAME.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me'
> really your email address? (yes or no)

And if you respond "no" and then fix the FROM address to something
sensible, what happens then?

On my machine, up comes Outlook and I can paste the message and send
it.

> Seems this gets broken periodically now...

If the complaint is that with send-mail-function being
mailclient-send-it, Emacs should not bitch at you about the bogus FROM
address, then please say so explicitly.  You just got me looking for a
non-existent problem in 2 different builds, before I realized that you
never said you couldn't send the message.

If you cannot send the message through your mail client even after you
fix the FROM header, then I cannot reproduce the problem here (with 2
builds, one from today, the other from May 29).

* bug#8777: 23.3; cannot send bug reports in latest Window build
@ 2011-06-01 21:54   ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2011-06-01 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Eli Zaretskii'; +Cc: 8777

> And if you respond "no" and then fix the FROM address to something
> sensible, what happens then? On my machine, up comes Outlook and
> I can paste the message and send it.

Same here.  The bug is apparently posing that question instead of just doing the
right thing (as before).

* bug#8777: cannot send bug reports in latest Window build
@ 2011-06-02  5:46   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2011-06-02  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 8777-done

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> If the complaint is that with send-mail-function being
> mailclient-send-it, Emacs should not bitch at you about the bogus FROM
> address,

resolved