all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* IPv6
@ 2004-06-10 23:17 Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2004-06-10 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is anyone working on adding IPv6 support to `open-network-stream' etc?

* Re: IPv6
@ 2004-06-10 23:30 ` Stephan Stahl
From: Stephan Stahl @ 2004-06-10 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Hi.

> Is anyone working on adding IPv6 support to `open-network-stream' etc?

Do you miss anything? So far I used emacs once on a IPv6 System and
everything just worked..
--
Stephan Stahl

* Re: IPv6
@ 2004-06-10 23:49   ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2004-06-10 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Stephan Stahl <stahl@eos.franken.de> writes:

> Hi.
>
> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>
>> Is anyone working on adding IPv6 support to `open-network-stream' etc?
>
> Do you miss anything? So far I used emacs once on a IPv6 System and
> everything just worked..

Oops.  Indeed.  I tried to send a mail via a IPv6 mail server, but it
didn't work...  however, it turns out I was using smtpmail.el with
starttls.el, and it was gnutls-cli that wasn't IPv6 ready.  I'll go
and fix it.

Perhaps it could be mentioned somewhere, though.

jas@latte:~/src/emacs$ grep -i ipv6 * etc/* man/*
jas@latte:~/src/emacs$