all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Can I recover my .emacs?
@ 2011-01-24 12:14 Fritz Wuehler
       [not found] ` <mailman.1.1296049007.12534.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Fritz Wuehler @ 2011-01-24 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I lost my .emacs (and some other files) due to disk failure. I have my
.emacs.elc so thankfully I can continue my work.

Is there any way to recover the .emacs from the .emacs.elc? I tried saving
options in Emacs and it does get many but not all of the settings I had. I
had some loadpaths and other statements and I can't remember them all. And
I'm not any good with Emacs Lisp or any Lisp so I can't figure how to get
everything back the way it was.

Thanks if anyone can help.

[parent not found: <mailman.11.1295884188.27117.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]