all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Different emacs arrangements in one session
@ 2014-01-24 22:29 Jai Dayal
From: Jai Dayal @ 2014-01-24 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

  I use Emacs primarily for development over SSH into a remote server. I
generally have several terminal sessions, many buffers of code, etc.  Often
times, I want the window arrangement for my ansi-term buffers to be
different than my code buffers.

For example, Perhaps, I have my code buffers split into quarters, and then
I want to switch to one of my ansi-terms to compile the code. As it stands
now, that ansi-term will just take up one of my quarter screens, when I
want this to be my full screen.

Any idea how to do this? I've looked at frames, but it doesn't seem to
quite work right?

It should be noted, that on the remote server, I generally do emacs
--daemon and then emacsclient -c -nw

this way, my environment persists across different logins.

Any idea how I can accomplish the above?

Thanks much,
Jai