all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* QUERY: untabify in xemacs or emacs?
@ 2006-02-27 15:36 KevinGPO
From: KevinGPO @ 2006-02-27 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I remember the command M-x untabify to convert all tabs in selected
region into spaces. I just tried doing this in xemacs and found out
this command doesn't exist. Was it taken out of xemacs? Does it still
exist in normal emacs(& NTemacs)?

* Re: QUERY: untabify in xemacs or emacs?
@ 2006-02-27 15:57 ` Dan Espen
From: Dan Espen @ 2006-02-27 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

"KevinGPO" <kevingpo@hotmail.com> writes:

> I remember the command M-x untabify to convert all tabs in selected
> region into spaces. I just tried doing this in xemacs and found out
> this command doesn't exist. Was it taken out of xemacs? Does it still
> exist in normal emacs(& NTemacs)?

untabify comes from the tabify package.
My guess is that you don't have it installed.

It does exist in XEmacs.

* Re: QUERY: untabify in xemacs or emacs?
@ 2006-02-27 23:58   ` Steve Youngs
From: Steve Youngs @ 2006-02-27 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Dan Espen <daneNO@MORE.mk.SPAMtelcordia.com> writes:

  > "KevinGPO" <kevingpo@hotmail.com> writes:
  >> I remember the command M-x untabify to convert all tabs in selected
  >> region into spaces. I just tried doing this in xemacs and found out
  >> this command doesn't exist. Was it taken out of xemacs? Does it still
  >> exist in normal emacs(& NTemacs)?

  > untabify comes from the tabify package.
  > My guess is that you don't have it installed.

M-x package-get-package-provider RET tabify RET
 => (text-modes "1.90")

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|                 I am Dyslexic of Borg.                   |