all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* What about multi-word TAG
@ 2010-11-13 15:24 Chao LU
From: Chao LU @ 2010-11-13 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs

Dear all,

Is there any way to input SPACE in the tags? Like "Quantum Mechanics"? When
hit the space key after the Quantum, org thought I've finished the whole
input and set the tag as Quantum..

Thanks,

Chao

* RE: What about multi-word TAG
@ 2010-11-14  1:55 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2010-11-14  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Chao LU', 'Emacs'

> Is there any way to input SPACE in the tags?
> Like "Quantum Mechanics"? When hit the space key after the
> Quantum, org thought I've finished the whole input and set
> the tag as Quantum..

Sounds like you're using tags in Org.  Can't help you with that.

But with Bookmark+ a tag can have spaces, be multi-line, etc.

Bookmark+ tags can even have associated values - they need not be just names.  A
tag's value can be a number, symbol, string, list, vector, and so on - as
complex an object as you like.

And the objects you bookmark and tag can also be pretty much anything.

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BookmarkPlus#BookmarkTags
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BookmarkPlus#BookmarkSets
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BookmarkPlus#TagCommandsAndKeys

* Re: What about multi-word TAG
       [not found] <mailman.39.1289695113.943.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2010-11-17 10:52 ` TonyMc
From: TonyMc @ 2010-11-17 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Chao LU <loochao@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there any way to input SPACE in the tags? Like "Quantum Mechanics"?
> When hit the space key after the Quantum, org thought I've finished the
> whole input and set the tag as Quantum..

Why don't you simply use "QM" as the tag?  It has the additional benefit
of being smaller and therefore perhaps giving you more momentum.

--
Tony

* Re: What about multi-word TAG
@ 2010-11-17 14:16 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2010-11-17 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 11/13/10 8:24 AM, Chao LU wrote:
> Is there any way to input SPACE in the tags? Like "Quantum Mechanics"? When hit
> the space key after the Quantum, org thought I've finished the whole input and
> set the tag as Quantum..

What happens if you type C-q SPC instead of just SPC?

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA