all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: David Chmelik <dchmelik@hipplanet.com>
Subject: Re: lisp, gnus & mail
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:32:39 -0700	[thread overview]

> You can put .el files (Emacs Lisp libraries) anywhere you'd like, as
> long as that directory is in your load-path (C-h v).  If you have write
> permission in the version-independent site-lisp directory, that's the
> conventional place to put them; otherwise, create a subdirectory in your
> home directory for personal add-ons.
>
> Read the Lisp Libraries node of the Emacs manual, and the Byte
> Compilation node of the Emacs Lisp manual that it references.

Thanks, I found a dir to put rmime.el in... i wonder if it would be
possible to make rmail open dirs before choosing an RMAIL or instead of
XMAIL default... i should look at the rmail & gnus lisp.
My slackware cd must be corrupt because emacs has no lisp info, i hope
it is on the .iso which i will reinstall without copying to cd 1st.