all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ediff unified patch format
@ 2010-10-07 16:10 Neal Becker
From: Neal Becker @ 2010-10-07 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

How do I set ediff to give a unified patch format?

Why is this not the default?

* Re: ediff unified patch format
@ 2010-10-07 17:43 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2010-10-07 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neal Becker; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Neal,

On 7 October 2010 09:10, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I set ediff to give a unified patch format?
>
> Why is this not the default?

The trick is to look for diff-switches. ;)

diff-switches is a variable defined in `diff.el'.
Its value is "-u"

Documentation:
A string or list of strings specifying switches to be passed to diff.

--
Suvayu

* Re: ediff unified patch format
@ 2010-10-12 11:56   ` Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2010-10-12 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 07.10.2010 20:43, suvayu ali wrote:
> Hi Neal,
>
> On 7 October 2010 09:10, Neal Becker<ndbecker2@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> How do I set ediff to give a unified patch format?
>>
>> Why is this not the default?
>>

> The trick is to look for diff-switches. ;)
>

> diff-switches is a variable defined in `diff.el'.
> Its value is "-u"
>
> Documentation:
> A string or list of strings specifying switches to be passed to diff.

ediff-custom-diff-options is a variable defined in `ediff-diff.el'.
Its value is "-c" (DEFAULT)

Documentation:
Options to pass to `ediff-custom-diff-program'.