all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: bookmark to open a file in a position always
       [not found] <bc4d31d2-fc16-4d4e-a47a-a28d839e3a0e@o7g2000prg.googlegroups.com>
@ 2010-08-28  6:18 ` Xah Lee
       [not found]   ` <87aao78buw.fsf@lola.goethe.zz>
From: Xah Lee @ 2010-08-28  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Aug 27, 6:57 pm, Xah Lee <xah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> when using bookmarks to open a file, is there a way to always open at
> a particular position of the file?
>
> thanks.

oh never mind. Actually when setting a bookmark, it'll also set the
current position.

 Xah

@ 2010-08-28  7:12     ` Xah Lee
From: Xah Lee @ 2010-08-28  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Aug 27, 11:55 pm, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:
> Xah Lee <xah...@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Aug 27, 6:57 pm, Xah Lee <xah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> when using bookmarks to open a file, is there a way to always open at
> >> a particular position of the file?
>
> >> thanks.
>
> > oh never mind. Actually when setting a bookmark, it'll also set the
> > current position.
>
> You might also be interested in looking at saveplace.el which IIRC opens
> files at the last remembered position (no bookmarks involved).

hi David, thanks a lot. Am downloading and trying it out now.

Xah

* Re: bookmark to open a file in a position always
@ 2010-08-28  7:44       ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2010-08-28  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com> writes:

> On Aug 27, 11:55 pm, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:
>> Xah Lee <xah...@gmail.com> writes:

>> > oh never mind. Actually when setting a bookmark, it'll also set the
>> > current position.
>>
>> You might also be interested in looking at saveplace.el which IIRC opens
>> files at the last remembered position (no bookmarks involved).
>
> hi David, thanks a lot. Am downloading and trying it out now.

Should be included with current versions of Emacs, I think (it is at
least in the development version).

--
David Kastrup

* Re: bookmark to open a file in a position always
@ 2010-09-13  1:55         ` David Combs
From: David Combs @ 2010-09-13  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs