all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ido buffer select - restrict buffer types
@ 2010-09-01 21:12 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2010-09-01 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Can someone please show me how I might use IDO buffer select to restrict
from a subset of buffers?

e.g ido select between erc buffers for example.

The benefit over the existing iswitchb mode being the fuzzy (flex)
select capabilities for us sloppy typists.

* Re: ido buffer select - restrict buffer types
@ 2010-09-01 22:24 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2010-09-01 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Richard Riley <rileyrg@gmail.com> writes:

> Can someone please show me how I might use IDO buffer select to restrict
> from a subset of buffers?
>
> e.g ido select between erc buffers for example.
>
> The benefit over the existing iswitchb mode being the fuzzy (flex)
> select capabilities for us sloppy typists.

Digging around in (erc-buffer-list) I now have this working solution
with erc flex matching.

(defun rgr/ido-erc-buffer()
  (interactive)
  (switch-to-buffer
   (ido-completing-read "Channel:"
                        (save-excursion
                          (delq
                           nil
                           (mapcar (lambda (buf)
                                     (when (buffer-live-p buf)
                                       (with-current-buffer buf
                                         (and (eq major-mode 'erc-mode)
                                              (buffer-name buf)))))
                                   (buffer-list)))))))

(global-set-key (kbd "C-c e") 'rgr/ido-erc-buffer)

☘ http://www.shamrockirishbar.com, http://www.richardriley.net

"Learning French is trivial: the word for horse is 'cheval' and
 everything follows thusly." : quotemaster, #emacs on irc.freenode.net