all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodgers@gmail.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: emacs 22.3.1 igrep issue
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:04:20 -0600	[thread overview]

Kenneth Goldman wrote:
> With a new Windows platform, I'm trying to update emacs from 20.6 to 22.3.1.
>
> I have to get igrep working. I use it constantly. I see this error. I
> can stay
> on 20.6, but it seems like a good time to upgrade if I can get
> everything working.

Hi Ken, I'm the author of igrep.  But I stopped maintaining it back in 2005.

> 1 - The first few lines of output look like this, which means I can't
> immediately start
> stepping through. I have to click on the igrep frame first.

igrep was just an interface to Emacs' compile:

       (compile-internal command (format "No more %s matches" program)
                         "Igrep" nil grep-regexp-alist)

So if the *igrep* buffer isn't selected, that's because of Emacs itself.

If you have an *igrep* frame, I think you must have frobbed
special-display-buffer-names (or similar customization).

Also, note that you don't _have_ to select the *igrep* buffer to visit
the matches: C-x ` (M-x next-error) works from any buffer.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA