all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Jabber.el and Facebook
@ 2010-03-12 22:33 Christian Herenz
From: Christian Herenz @ 2010-03-12 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,
has anyone managed to connect to the facebook jabber server via emacsens
jabber.el?
I do not, I think the problem is that chat.facebook.com just wants md5
encryptet passwords?
Greetings,
Christian

* Re: Jabber.el and Facebook
@ 2010-03-12 23:31 ` Christian Herenz
From: Christian Herenz @ 2010-03-12 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Christian Herenz schrieb:
> Hi,
> has anyone managed to connect to the facebook jabber server via emacsens
> jabber.el?
> I do not, I think the problem is that chat.facebook.com just wants md5
> encryptet passwords?
> Greetings,
> Christian

I managed to do it, the trick is to not use SSL or TLS!

* Re: Jabber.el and Facebook
@ 2010-04-08 15:43   ` Vaughan Marais
From: Vaughan Marais @ 2010-04-08 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Mar 13, 1:31 am, Christian Herenz <her...@physik.hu-berlin.de>
wrote:
> Christian Herenz schrieb:
>
> > Hi,
> > has anyone managed to connect to the facebook jabber server via emacsens
> > jabber.el?
> > I do not, I think the problem is that chat.facebook.com just wants md5
> > encryptet passwords?
> > Greetings,
> > Christian
>
> I managed to do it, the trick is to not use SSL or TLS!

No idea what I'm doing wrong, but I can use jabber.el to connect to
Gtalk, but when I try connect to Facebook Chat it gives me the
following error message...
****@chat.facebook.com/nil: connection lost: `Stream error:
Unsupported version: XMPP 1.0 is required'

Any ideas?