Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Also, if you revert revision 117033 on emacs-24 branch (or try with a >> binary built before Apr 29, if you keep them), does the problem still >> exist? Reverting 117033: still glitchy. > > > If so, perhaps you could produce a termscript for the same sequence of > > > keypresses, just at that "normal" speed, so we could compare them. (If > > > one of the termscripts has fewer keypresses than the other, it doesn't > > > matter, as long as you press the same keys.) > > > > You mean I can replace "lean on the down key, lean on the up key, lean > > on the down key" with just "down, up, down"? > > Actually, something like 20 times down, then 20 times up would be > better, I think. OK, so in trying to do this, I have noticed it glitching when I press the keys at normal speed. So I presume it's not useful to send you that comparison after all. See attached image and associated typescript. In this case I think I just opened the menu-bar and pressed the down arrow three times at normal speed. FWIW, I could not make it happen on a RHEL 6.5 system at all. But on a Debian testing system, it happens with multiple terminal emulators. (I suspect this is going to be one of those things you need to be able to reproduce to fix...)