all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* execute shell commands directly in a screen session
@ 2010-01-07 11:37 Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2010-01-07 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

does anyone know, if it is possible to run some linux commands directly
in a new or maybe existing screen session?
Maybe, this works via eshell or some term!?
Would be great!

Thanks in advance!
Fabian

* Re: execute shell commands directly in a screen session
@ 2010-01-08  8:12 ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2010-01-08  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

right now, I am using the 'call-process-shell-command', which starts an
xterm:

(call-process-shell-command "xterm " nil 0 nil "-e 'sh ~/scpAachen.sh"
(dired-get-filename) " '"  ))

screen has an option -dmS NAME PROGRAM, which might be suitable as well,
but I think that there is a better option with e.g. eshell. Eshell
should execute the command using screen in background...
Would be nice, if you have an idea.

Fabian