all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How do i use gnus (i'm not talking about configuration)
@ 2007-08-09 12:54 weber
From: weber @ 2007-08-09 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I was trying to use gnus instead of google groups via firefox, but i'm
stuck with finding servers for each newsgroup, a problem i had never
had before...

I haven't found a single free news server besides gmane, which doesn't
have comp.lang.lisp for example.

Wouldn't it be interesting for google to provide a news server that
had everything google groups has?

regards,
weber

* Re: How do i use gnus (i'm not talking about configuration)
@ 2007-08-10  5:25 ` Martin Fischer
From: Martin Fischer @ 2007-08-10  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

  > I haven't found a single free news server besides gmane, which doesn't
  > have comp.lang.lisp for example.

Hi,

email providers usually have news server for their customers.

Martin
--
parozusa at web dot de