all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#3726: Accessing texinfo-start-menu-description when AucTeX is installed
@ 2009-06-30  4:06 Vincent Belaïche
From: Vincent Belaïche @ 2009-06-30  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-emacs

When aucTeX is installed the TeXinfo keybind `C-c C-c C-d' used to
access command texinfo-start-menu-description is no longer available,
because `C-c C-c' is used by AucTeX to launch external commands.

However it is still practical to access some of the native TeXinfo while
using AucTeX. I propose to add:

         (define-key map "\C-c\C-u\C-d"   'texinfo-start-menu-description)

    in texinfo.el within (defvar texinfo-mode-map ... ).

BR,
   Vincent.

* bug#3726: Accessing texinfo-start-menu-description when AucTeX is installed
@ 2009-07-01  1:51 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2009-07-01  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Belaïche; +Cc: 3726

reassign 3726 notemacs
stop

Vincent Belaïche wrote:

> When aucTeX is installed the TeXinfo keybind `C-c C-c C-d' used to
> access command texinfo-start-menu-description is no longer available,
> because `C-c C-c' is used by AucTeX to launch external commands.
>
> However it is still practical to access some of the native TeXinfo while
> using AucTeX. I propose to add:
>
>         (define-key map "\C-c\C-u\C-d"   'texinfo-start-menu-description)
>
>    in texinfo.el within (defvar texinfo-mode-map ... ).

AUCTeX defines its own Texinfo-mode, with its own keymap. It does not
inherit any keys from the standard texinfo-mode-map. The change you
propose would have no effect.

If you want to add a keybinding, you must either do it in your .emacs,
or ask the AUCTeX people to do it.

* Processed: Re: bug#3726: Accessing texinfo-start-menu-description when AucTeX is installed
@ 2009-07-01  1:55   ` Emacs bug Tracking System
From: Emacs bug Tracking System @ 2009-07-01  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Emacs Bugs, notemacs for {3726}

Processing commands for control@emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com:

> reassign 3726 notemacs
bug#3726: Accessing texinfo-start-menu-description when AucTeX is installed
Warning: Unknown package 'notemacs'
bug reassigned from package `emacs' to `notemacs'.

> stop
Stopping processing here.

Don Armstrong
(administrator, Emacs bugs database)