all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: don@donarmstrong.com (Emacs bug Tracking System)
To: martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at>
Subject: bug#954: marked as done (indentation in latex-mode in emacs-23)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 02:10:05 -0700	[thread overview]

Your message dated Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:58:07 +0200
with message-id <48E1EA1F.101@gmx.at>
and subject line Re: bug#954: indentation in latex-mode in emacs-23
has caused the Emacs bug report #954,
regarding indentation in latex-mode in emacs-23
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact don@donarmstrong.com
immediately.)

--
954: http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=954
Emacs Bug Tracking System

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3873 bytes --]

From: "Chirok Han" <chirok.han@gmail.com>
To: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: indentation in latex-mode in emacs-23
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:46:35 +0900

Hi

I've been using gnu emacs 22 so far (happily) and recently I compiled
and installed cvs emacs-23 (updated today: 2008-09-10). I am very
happy with this new version. Thank you!

I do lots of latex work (and I don't use auctex). Up to emacs 22, the
line following \[ is not indented but now in emacs 23, the line after
\[ is indent. For example, in emacs 22, `indent-region' gives

\[
abc
\]

but now in emacs 23 it looks like

\[
  abc
  \]

This may be a new feature, but I would like the old style. Is there
any way I can get back the old behavior? I tried to read tex-mode.el
but it was too difficult for me.

Thank you.

ch

[-- Attachment #3: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2129 bytes --]

From: martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at>
To: 954-done@emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com
Cc: Chirok Han <chirok.han@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: bug#954: indentation in latex-mode in emacs-23
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:58:07 +0200

Fixed as

2008-09-23  Martin Rudalics  <rudalics@gmx.at>

	* textmodes/tex-mode.el (latex-find-indent): Try to handle
	escaped close parens correctly.  (Bug#954)

for indenting the closing paren, and

2008-09-25  Martin Rudalics  <rudalics@gmx.at>

	* textmodes/tex-mode.el (latex-handle-escaped-parens): New variable.
	(latex-backward-sexp-1, latex-forward-sexp-1): Treat escaped
	parens specially only if latex-handle-escaped-parens is non-nil.
	(latex-indent-within-escaped-parens): New option.
	(latex-find-indent): Bind latex-handle-escaped-parens to
	latex-indent-within-escaped-parens.  Do not treat escaped parens
	specially when this is nil.  (Bug#954)

for indenting the text within the parens.

Thanks again for reporting, martin.