Running M-x checkdoc over the foo.el below I hoped it would ask to capitalize "emacs" to "Emacs" in each of the three places. A real-life example can be found in `vi-save-all-and-exit' of vi.el. I suspect the \\_> in checkdoc-proper-noun-regexp doesn't match a "." at the end of a sentence. Would relaxing that a bit like below cause any false positives? Incidentally, checkdoc-proper-noun-regexp could build its value with regexp-opt could it? Not that it needs to be optimized, just easier than an explicit concatenating loop. 2009-10-27 Kevin Ryde * emacs-lisp/checkdoc.el (checkdoc-proper-noun-regexp): Match noun at end of sentence.