ken wrote: > On 07/06/2009 04:57 AM Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote: >> () Nobuko Three >> () Sun, 5 Jul 2009 10:29:13 -0700 (PDT) >> >> Normally after emacs is crashed, you know you need to use M-x >> recover-session, but it could happen that you go to lunch after >> crash, you come back, you start emacs again, you forget to do >> recover-session and open foo.bar and then also miss the >> "foo.txt has auto save data..." message. >> >> How do you deal with this problem? >> >> Go to lunch before the crash! >> Think faster but type slower! >> Or, (setq message-log-max t), >> + `C-h e' every now and then. >> >> thi > > In buffers which have auto-save data I'd like to see an orange > background. In addition, I'd like to hear a beep when I try to type > into that buffer with the standard message/prompt in the minibuffer that > there's auto-save data... should I pull it in or discard it. Attached is code that does that, plus undoes all those effects when you do recover the file. -- Kevin Rodgers Denver, Colorado, USA