Nobuko Three wrote: > I open a file foo.txt and then my emacs displays the message: > > foo.txt has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file > > in the echo area, but the message rarely catches my attention because I > quickly start editing the file and that makes the message disappear before I > notice it. > > Normally after emacs is crashed, you know you need to use M-x > recover-session, but it could happen that you go to lunch after crash, you > come back, you start emacs again, you forget to do recover-session and open > foo.bar and then also miss the "foo.txt has auto save data..." message. > > How do you deal with this problem? > > One idea is to make emacs change its background color whenever it echoes > such message. Even if you miss the message, you will always notice the > changed background color which reminds you to check the *Message* buffer. > > Is there a hook I can use for this idea? Here's a start (recover-this-file-find-file-hook.el attached). -- Kevin Rodgers Denver, Colorado, USA