all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* highlight spaces
@ 2009-06-14 14:54 Rich E
From: Rich E @ 2009-06-14 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I just accidentally hit some key combination that highlighted all the spaces
on the left hand side.  This is really useful, but I don't know how I did it
:)  Anyone know?

thanks,
Rich

* Re: highlight spaces
       [not found] <mailman.606.1244991290.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-06-14 16:28 ` bum-cyk-cyk
From: bum-cyk-cyk @ 2009-06-14 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Rich E schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I just accidentally hit some key combination that highlighted all the
> spaces on the left hand side.  This is really useful,

show-trailing-whitespace set on t?

> but I don't know how I did it :)  Anyone know?

C-h l can be very usefully.

regards
Marc

* Re: highlight spaces
@ 2009-06-14 17:15 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2009-06-14 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Rich E <reakinator@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Rich,

> I just accidentally hit some key combination that highlighted all the
> spaces on the left hand side.  This is really useful, but I don't know
> how I did it :) Anyone know?

Simply do `M-x whitespace-mode' to toggle it on or off.

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: highlight spaces
@ 2009-06-14 18:27 ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2009-06-14 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Rich E <reakinator@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just accidentally hit some key combination that highlighted all the spaces
> on the left hand side.  This is really useful, but I don't know how I did it
> :)  Anyone know?
>
> thanks,
> Rich

Try M-x view-lossage to see the last few key presses.

 sivaram

* Re: highlight spaces
@ 2009-06-14 22:17   ` Rich E
From: Rich E @ 2009-06-14 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw