all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to find thread after jumping to article
@ 2004-07-26 22:03 Peter Rooney
From: Peter Rooney @ 2004-07-26 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi all,

in the summary buffer, i used j (gnus-summary-goto-article) to
successfully jump to an article that was at least six months old (if
that's relevant).

i then wanted to read the thread descending from that article. neither
T s (gnus-summary-show-thread) nor TS
(gnus-summary-show-all-threads). i checked the manual for Threading and
the Summary Buffer but did not see the answer.

thanks in advance
peter

* Re: how to find thread after jumping to article
@ 2004-07-27  7:18 ` Miguel Frasson
From: Miguel Frasson @ 2004-07-27  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rooney <pt@panix.com> writes:

> hi all,
>
> in the summary buffer, i used j (gnus-summary-goto-article) to
> successfully jump to an article that was at least six months old (if
> that's relevant).
>
> i then wanted to read the thread descending from that article. neither
> T s (gnus-summary-show-thread) nor TS
> (gnus-summary-show-all-threads). i checked the manual for Threading and
> the Summary Buffer but did not see the answer.
>
> thanks in advance
> peter

Try in the Article menu, "Fetch current article" (^) of "Fetch current
thread" (A T)

[]'s

Miguel

--
Miguel Vinicius Santini Frasson
http://www.math.leidenuniv.nl/~frasson

* Re: how to find thread after jumping to article
@ 2004-07-27  7:21   ` Miguel Frasson
From: Miguel Frasson @ 2004-07-27  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, NOT "Fetch current article" (^) but "Fetch parent of article" (^)

--

@ 2004-07-27 16:00     ` Peter Rooney
From: Peter Rooney @ 2004-07-27 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Miguel Frasson <frasson@mira.math.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

> Sorry, NOT "Fetch current article" (^) but "Fetch parent of article" (^)

what i actually needed was "A T", gnus-summary-refer-thread,
but you got me looking in the right direction. thanks much.

peter