all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs gdb program launcher
@ 2009-03-18 16:48 Vincent Liard
       [not found] ` <mailman.3547.1237442762.31690.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Vincent Liard @ 2009-03-18 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I'm working on a program that has to be launched from a script which sets
up the execution environment. Fortunately enough, the script provides an
option to start it with GDB and it works ok.

However, I would like to run this program with GDB from within emacs, as
can usually be done. Thus, I start GDB with « M-x gdb » but replace the
command with the program's launcher.

And it works, but rather than opening the source code with emacs buffers,
it merely prints lines to be executed in the *gud* buffer as it would do
with GDB from command line.

I (guess I) undestand GDB is unaware it has been launched from within
emacs but I don't see how to make it interact properly... I've messed a
bit with gdb-show-main which was set no NIL but it doesn't seem to change
anything. Could anyone give me a clue ?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent