all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Octave from within Emacs
@ 2009-03-03  3:09 CdeB_77
From: CdeB_77 @ 2009-03-03  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hi everybody,

I'm using Emacs 22.3 and Octave 3.03 under Windows Vista, and I want to load
Octave from within Emacs, but I couldn't do it. I tried some things in the
.emacs but when in type "M-x run-octave" appears a messange saying
"Searching for program: no such file or directory, octave". Emacs load the
octave mode but not the program...
How can I solve it???

Best regards

* Re: Octave from within Emacs
@ 2009-03-03 14:07 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2009-03-03 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

CdeB_77 wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm using Emacs 22.3 and Octave 3.03 under Windows Vista, and I want to load
> Octave from within Emacs, but I couldn't do it. I tried some things in the
> .emacs but when in type "M-x run-octave" appears a messange saying
> "Searching for program: no such file or directory, octave". Emacs load the
> octave mode but not the program...
> How can I solve it???

1. Install octave.
2. Make sure the octave executable is in Emacs' exec-path (initialized
from your PATH environment variable).

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA