all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Reading and Writing list to/from a file.
@ 2009-03-01 13:10 Nurullah Akkaya
From: Nurullah Akkaya @ 2009-03-01 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Emacs Help List

I would like to keep a elisp list between sessions.
What is the correct way of storing it? so that i don't have to parse it line
by line.
How can i save it as a list and evaluate the file after opening?

--
Nurullah Akkaya
http://nakkaya.com

* Re: Reading and Writing list to/from a file.
@ 2009-03-02  9:54 ` Nikolaj Schumacher
From: Nikolaj Schumacher @ 2009-03-02  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Nurullah Akkaya; +Cc: Emacs Help List

Nurullah Akkaya <nurullah.akkaya@blooby.com> wrote:  > I would
like to keep a elisp list between sessions.  What is the > correct
way of storing it? so that i don't have to parse it line by >
line.  How can i save it as a list and evaluate the file after >
opening?

As far as I know, there is no complete library for this.

But look at what `recentf-save-list' in recentf.el does.
The list still has do be parsed, but `load' can take care of it.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher

* Re: Reading and Writing list to/from a file.
@ 2009-03-03  4:02   ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2009-03-03  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Nikolaj Schumacher wrote:
> Nurullah Akkaya <nurullah.akkaya@blooby.com> wrote:  > I would like to
> keep a elisp list between sessions.  What is the > correct way of
> storing it? so that i don't have to parse it line by > line.  How can i
> save it as a list and evaluate the file after > opening?
> As far as I know, there is no complete library for this.
>
> But look at what `recentf-save-list' in recentf.el does.
> The list still has do be parsed, but `load' can take care of it.

recentf-save-list uses recentf-dump-variable, which uses insert.

Does anyone know why recentf-dump-variable doesn't use print?

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA