smanek writes: > A buffer called *document output* is also opened that reads: > """ > Running `LaTeX' on `ps0' with ``latex -interaction=nonstopmode > "\input" document.tex'' > /bin/sh: latex: not found > > LaTeX exited abnormally with code 127 at Mon Feb 23 01:31:25 > """ > > latex is in my path. When I open up a terminal, I can execute latex > and 'which pdflatex' responds correctly. As Peter suggested in another reply, it seems that emacs hasn't got access to your environment variables (because you're presumably launching it in some weird fashion). To check this, type M-x getenv PATH and see whether the directory in which you installed latex comes up in the list. Rupert