all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* debbugs.gnu.org is down
@ 2015-12-08 23:39 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2015-12-08 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

FYI, debbugs.gnu.org is down at the moment (failed reboot after OS upgrade).
Sorry about this. Need to wait for FSF sysadmin to take a look.

* Re: debbugs.gnu.org is down
@ 2015-12-09 18:48 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2015-12-09 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>
> Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 18:39:12 -0500
>

> FYI, debbugs.gnu.org is down at the moment (failed reboot after OS upgrade).
> Sorry about this. Need to wait for FSF sysadmin to take a look.

Is there any place where one could track the status of this issue?

Basically, all the messages sent in discussions of bugs bounce, so the
longer this problem persists, the more data will be lost.

* Re: debbugs.gnu.org is down
@ 2015-12-09 19:16   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2015-12-09 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> FYI, debbugs.gnu.org is down at the moment (failed reboot after OS upgrade).
>> Sorry about this. Need to wait for FSF sysadmin to take a look.
>
> Is there any place where one could track the status of this issue?
>
> Basically, all the messages sent in discussions of bugs bounce, so the
> longer this problem persists, the more data will be lost.

I am still waiting for any response from sysadmin@gnu
(IIRC they are down to one person now, probably quite overworked).
I belive they have a ticket system, but not a public one.

I'm sorry about the downtime. It's probably something I did wrong, but I
can literally do nothing at this point but wait for sysadmin to reply.
The machine isn't on the net, so it needs someone with console access to
investigate.

* Re: debbugs.gnu.org is down
@ 2015-12-09 19:20     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2015-12-09 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii, Emacs developers

PS I checked the usual place https://pumprock.net/fsfstatus
just after posting and saw that they are aware of the issue and
investigating.

* Re: debbugs.gnu.org is down
@ 2015-12-09 19:24       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2015-12-09 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 14:20:34 -0500
> From: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>
>

> PS I checked the usual place https://pumprock.net/fsfstatus
> just after posting and saw that they are aware of the issue and
> investigating.

I looked there myself, of course, but the info there didn't mention
debbugs, so I couldn't decide whether they are aware.  I see that a
status that does mention debbugs appeared there 28 minutes ago, so
yes, now I see they are aware.

* Re: debbugs.gnu.org is down
@ 2015-12-09 19:41         ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2015-12-09 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Update via email just now:

System upgrade brought in new kernel for the debbugs virtual machine
that was not compatible with the host VM. System currently being
migrated to a host VM with a new kernel. Should be back within ~ one
hour.

* Re: debbugs.gnu.org is down
@ 2015-12-09 21:00           ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2015-12-09 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 02:41:33PM -0500, Glenn Morris wrote:

> Update via email just now:

> System upgrade brought in new kernel for the debbugs virtual machine
> that was not compatible with the host VM. System currently being
> migrated to a host VM with a new kernel. Should be back within ~ one
> hour.

It's back.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).