all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ipython
@ 2008-06-01 19:49 Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-06-01 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am running emacs 22.1 on debian lenny.

If I hilite the d["server"] part of the following line

>>> d["server"]

and then execute "py-execute-region" I get:

,----
|    File "/tmp/python-16109EGm.py", line 1
|      >>> d["server
|       ^
| SyntaxError: invalid syntax
`----

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

* iPython
@ 2008-11-20  0:27 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2008-11-20  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Could someone point me to the correct info for getting iPython to work
with emacs 23 please.

I downloaded python-mode and required iPython but get errors of the
form:

,----
| let: Args out of range: "0.8.4
| ", 35, 36
`----

and am a bit lost as to what the next move is or what the common
consensus is with regard to using Emacs as a python IDE.

* Re: iPython
@ 2008-11-20  9:58 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2008-11-20  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs