all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* guile buffer in emacs
@ 2008-11-16  3:37 Carl Forsland
From: Carl Forsland @ 2008-11-16  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

How do i get a guile buffer running in emacs.

M-x run-scheme doesn't work. Gives a message like "searching for
program: file or directory doesn't exist.

It used to work on my old Mandriva distro. I am now in Debian. And emacs
is emacs-22.

Thanks
Nobody

* Re: guile buffer in emacs
@ 2008-11-16  9:29 ` Niels Giesen
From: Niels Giesen @ 2008-11-16  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Carl Forsland <nobody@nowhere.at.all> writes:

> How do i get a guile buffer running in emacs.
>
> M-x run-scheme doesn't work. Gives a message like "searching for
> program: file or directory doesn't exist.

"Like" or "being exactly"?

Not rather something like:

"Can't exec program: /usr/bin/guile

 Process scheme exited abnormally with code 1" ?

Check the value of `scheme-program-name' and existence of that program
on disk. Probably /usr/bin/guile. What does which guile (on the
command line) say?

Note that you can choose the scheme implementation interactively with
a prefix argument:  C-u M-x run-scheme.

* Re: guile buffer in emacs
@ 2008-11-16 19:17   ` nobody
From: nobody @ 2008-11-16 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Niels Giesen wrote:
> Carl Forsland <nobody@nowhere.at.all> writes:
>
>> How do i get a guile buffer running in emacs.
>>
>> M-x run-scheme doesn't work. Gives a message like "searching for
>> program: file or directory doesn't exist.
>

> "Like" or "being exactly"?
>
> Not rather something like:

Ok.  Exactly

  Searching for program: filen eller katalogen finns inte, guile

I think it would (not sure) translate to

  Searching for program: file or directory doesn't exist, guile

Guile is installed.

* Re: guile buffer in emacs
@ 2008-11-18  9:02     ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2008-11-18  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

nobody wrote:
> Niels Giesen wrote:
>> Carl Forsland <nobody@nowhere.at.all> writes:
>>
>>> How do i get a guile buffer running in emacs.
>>>
>>> M-x run-scheme doesn't work. Gives a message like "searching for
>>> program: file or directory doesn't exist.
>>

>> "Like" or "being exactly"?
>> Not rather something like:
>>

> Ok.  Exactly
>
>  Searching for program: filen eller katalogen finns inte, guile
>
> I think it would (not sure) translate to
>
>  Searching for program: file or directory doesn't exist, guile
>
> Guile is installed.

Ah, but where is it installed?  `C-h v exec-path' will show where
Emacs is searching for it.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA