In article , Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Xah >> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 00:25:21 -0700 (PDT) >> ... ... > >> • Keyboards don't have Meta key today > >Yes, they do, at least some of them. > >> So i consider it more as bug report now i think about it. Why? Because >> emacs failed to update itself when its keyboard under lisp machines >> become obsolete. > >You have your history wrong: Meta came from old Sun keyboards, where >it was marked with a diamond. THANK YOU! Until now, I never knew what that key was. What I use is the sun #6 keyboard -- has the control-key in the RIGHT place, just to the left of the "a" key. (Just like with the old asr-33!) David