all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* yasnippet insert file name
@ 2008-07-20 16:31 Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2008-07-20 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

    I just saw yasnippet and wonder, if it is possible to do
    filename completion as well!?

    A simple:  filename ${1:`(insert-filename)`} does not
    work:

    filename (error in elisp evaluation: Wrong number of
        arguments: (lambda (fn) "Use filename completion to
            insert a filename into current buffer."
            (interactive "FFilename to insert: ") (insert
                fn)), 0)

    Would be nice, if someone has a suggestion.

Greetings!
 Fabian

* Re: yasnippet insert file name
@ 2008-07-21  1:31 ` weber
From: weber @ 2008-07-21  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jul 20, 1:31 pm, Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstr...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I just saw yasnippet and wonder, if it is possible to do
>     filename completion as well!?
>
>     A simple:  filename ${1:`(insert-filename)`} does not
>     work:
>
>     filename (error in elisp evaluation: Wrong number of
>         arguments: (lambda (fn) "Use filename completion to
>             insert a filename into current buffer."
>             (interactive "FFilename to insert: ") (insert
>                 fn)), 0)
>
>     Would be nice, if someone has a suggestion.
>
> Greetings!
>  Fabian

Do you want to insert the current buffer file name there?
If so, use (buffer-file-name) instead.
I suggest you ask on yasnippet group, the author always answers there.

HTH,
weber

* Re: yasnippet insert file name
@ 2008-07-21 18:22   ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2008-07-21 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi weber,
* weber <hugows@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 20, 1:31 pm, Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstr...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>     I just saw yasnippet and wonder, if it is possible to do
>>     filename completion as well!?
>>
>>     A simple:  filename ${1:`(insert-filename)`} does not
>>     work:
>>
>>     filename (error in elisp evaluation: Wrong number of
>>         arguments: (lambda (fn) "Use filename completion to
>>             insert a filename into current buffer."
>>             (interactive "FFilename to insert: ") (insert
>>                 fn)), 0)
>>
>>     Would be nice, if someone has a suggestion.
>>
>> Greetings!
>>  Fabian
>
> Do you want to insert the current buffer file name there?
> If so, use (buffer-file-name) instead.
No, I would like to insert a different file.
> I suggest you ask on yasnippet group, the author always answers there.
Ok., thanks for the hint.

Greetings!
 Fabian