all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* From which version of emacs was global-font-lock-mode and font-lock-maximum-decoration true by default?
@ 2008-04-02 20:29 Eric Lilja
From: Eric Lilja @ 2008-04-02 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

As the subject says, from which version of emacs was
global-font-lock-mode and font-lock-maximum-decoration true by default?

I'm trying to clean my .emacs file and I noticed I was setting those two
to true (t) even though they are true by default on my bleeding edge
version I run on my own computers. However, sometimes I have to use
emacs 21.4.1 and I've made monolithic .emacs file for easy maintenance
but if those are true in emacs 21.4.1 as well I will be removing them
from my .emacs file. I tried googling but I just got links that weren't
relevant.

I checked the wiki and it only says those were not on by default on old
versions of emacs but how old, that is what I want to know. :)

Thanks for any replies.

- Eric