all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Rasmus Pank Roulund <rasmus.pank@gmail.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Ispell not working in TeX mode
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 03:08:08 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello Peter,

 > Of course I am not use Losedos user, but how about adopting this code
to your init file?
Sorry, it did not make a difference :-(

 > You probably know how to find the dictionaries *spell can use.
Sure. They are within the Aspell folder. Aspell should find them by itself.
 > Setting the programme and the dictionary once might allow both to
survive the change of the slice/volume/partition/drive. If not, there
are some variables you can set to determine exactly and unalterable
where aspell will find its dictionaries and other paraphernalia, maybe
best as "C:/...":
I am very sorry, but I am not very familiar with Lisp and Emacs
programming. Thus, the above dose not make sense to me, at all. I do not
think it is a problem to find aspell. It is within the path, and only
AUCTeX is not able to start Aspell. Every other Emacs mode is able to do
some, and from the command line I can start aspell as welll. As I wrote,
I am able to switch a buffer from TeX mode to text mode, and aspell will
work in that buffer.
 >     ispell-aspell-data-dir
It is within the path, so it should not matter. Aspell.exe is recognized
no matter where on one "is" on the computer.
 >     ispell-aspell-dict-dir
I am not sure what this is . . .
 > Maybe you also need to create a hook that changes
 >
 >     ispell-process-directory
 >
 > if not changed correctly.

How would I do that? Sorry for asking, but as I said, I am no Emacs expert.

Thanks,
Rasmus