Eli Zaretskii skrev: >> From: Eric Lilja >> Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 22:28:31 +0100 >> >>> Can you manually modify admin/unidate/makefile so that Emacs when run >>> displays the value of load-path? Then show it here. >>> >> Well, the only working emacs I have right now is GNU Emacs 22.1.50.1 >> (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-10-28 on MINDCOOLER. My stupid script >> proceeded to wipe out my working emacs-23 binaries thinking that the >> build went okay. Can I use this and what exactly do I need to do? Sorry >> for asking dumb questions. > > No need to apologize, I didn't explain enough. > > What I meant is this: modify the line in admin/unidate/makefile that > says > > "../../src/oo-spd/i386/emacs.exe" -Q --multibyte -batch -f batch-byte-compile unidata-gen.el > > to say this instead: > > "../../src/oo-spd/i386/emacs.exe" -Q --multibyte -batch --eval "(message \"%s\" load-path)" > > and then see what it displays when you run "make bootstrap". > > Note that, since admin/unidate/makefile is generated by "make > bootstrap", you will either need to edit admin/unidate/makefile.w32-in > and then run nt/configure.bat to create admin/unidate/makefile, or > edit admin/unidate/makefile while "make bootstrap" runs, but before it > gets to where it executes the above line. > > > OK, here's what happened. My admin/unidata/makefile was generated after the configure step, but I couldn't find the line I was supposed to change so I read your message a little bit more carefully. Ah, and you said that it's generated during bootstrap so I thought that it would be modified during bootstrap and when that had happened I was going to alter the line you wanted me to alter (before it was used, hopefully). But the admin/unidata/makefile was never altered after it was initially created during the bootstrap phase. I'm attaching it (maybe useless but oh well).